Monday, December 15, 2008

Parties and Plays, Nanner Socks, Crochet Scarves, Dragon Shawls.....

Thursday night was my Knitting/Crochet guild party. We had a Yankee Swap and I got a couple of nice cutting boards I really needed. My other two glass ones do double duty as hot plates on the table. We had some wonderful fun and laughs during the swap and the munchies were delicious.

Saturday was my Spinners guild party. We had an ornament swap, bazaar, and lots of food and fun. The ornaments are put on the tree with a number then a box was passed around and you chose a number. You got the matching ornament. I got an adorable miniature sweater and hanger. It's so cute. It may have to sit on my desk with a few other creatures and items after the holidays. I made the sausage, potato, peppers and onion dish and everyone liked it. I make it often since it's so easy to make and Pat always likes it. I'm still spinning the second braid of the same fiber I started in September. I think it's going to get finished at home before January's meeting. I'm getting tired of looking at it every time I pull out the wheel. I started this at Slater Mill during a demo. It is spinning lace weight so that could be why it's taking so long. After the party, several of us went to see "A Christmas Carol" performed in Foster. It was a wonderful rendition of the story with several funny parts.

Well, the Nanner Socks are finally finished on Sunday! When I put them on again, they are about a half inch or so longer at the toe than I need, but that's o.k. since I don't like my toes squished. Now I need to make a pair of socks for a friend who only wears a size 5 1/2. Should go quickly compared to my size 10s.

I've also got 2 scarves here I need to crochet on, but my hands have been bothering me a bit the last couple of days. Crocheting increases the discomfort so I have been holding back on the scarves. I will at least put the yarn with each scarf so it will be ready when my hands co-operate a bit better.

Meanwhile, the Dragon Shawl is now my priority project to finish. I don't do well in public knitting with this since it is lace and I tend to lose my place in the pattern if I don't concentrate on it.

I'm off to pick up some packages I hope are at the Post Office. Then I have a few items for the market that Pat has asked me to grab for him. Have a great night............

3 comments:

Donna said...

And what, may I ask, did you pick up at the post office? Couldn't be of a fibre nature now, could it?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON the nanner socks!!

Carol said...

Post office...hmmm, let me think. The potatoes, peppers etc were great.