I found this on my friend Donna's blog and decided to answer the questions myself.
1. Where do you go for Thanksgiving dinner? We stay home. Pat's brother comes over.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Frozen and it has to be a gluten free one.
3. What kind of stuffing? Two kinds, both bread ones. One's a regular one and the other is made with gluten free bread and seasonings I add onions,celery, and other stuff to both of them.
4. Favorite kind of pie? My brother-in-law requested Dutch Apple this year. Pat can't eat the crust, so he's making baked apples. I'm passing on dessert.
5. How do you prepare your bird? I do a traditional roasted turkey. The only thing I do differently is wrap it in bacon for the first part of the cooking. It makes it moister, but not greasy, and gives a hint of a smoked flavor.
6. Favorite side dish? The homemade cranberry sauce I make from scratch.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? Yes. I make a soup and if there's enough turkey left, I make a pot pie with mashed potato topping. Yum.
8. What new dish are you trying this year? I bought acorn squashes instead of butternut for a change. I've never made them for Pat.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? We are doing the veggie prep work, and the cranberry sauce, tonight. Then I get up early tomorrow to get the bird started and whatever is left to do. Usually, we eat around 2 o'clock.
10. If you go to somebody else’s house, what’s your favorite dish to bring? We don't go to anyone's house since Pat can't eat gluten. If we go out later, I usually try to bring something I know he can have.
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn’t bring to your house? I make everything. Nothing is brought.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see? No drama. Just nice and quiet.
13. What’s your absolute favorite thing on the menu? The turkey. I only make it about twice a year.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving, however you spend it, at home or with friends or family.