Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Busy Fingers

My fingers have been busy with spinning, knitting, and crochet.   
Finished items include "Over the Willamette Shawl", "Piper's Journey Shawl",  "Thinking of You Scarf ", and  "Wheat Scarf".  All are all waiting for cooler weather to be worn.  There's also one pair of socks finished, and a couple of other pairs waiting for their mates to be knit.  

Along with the socks, a shawl, and "Vivid" blanket squares are in  process.  The blanket is now knit with a machine washable wool instead of the handspun.  

Some spinning also got accomplished, but not as much as I wanted.  Mostly, it was some of the natural colors I had previously planned for the blanket and will use some other way.

Sadly, my LYS, Eneri Knits, closed.  There was quite a bit of yarn shopping before the end though.  My plans to use 2 skeins for every 1 coming into the stash is kaput.  lol  It's more like use 1 for every 4 skeins that came in.  

The first weekend of May was my knitting guild's annual retreat.  I wasn't sure until a few days before if I was going for sure. Happily, my plans didn't have to change and I got to have a wonderful time. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, which is a very nice hotel.  This year saw me shopping with projects in mind most of the time.   Yarn for seven projects (socks, shawls, scarves), and a few patterns came home with me.

Next in my yarny travels is a trip to WEBS soon.  I do not plan to "be good" at that time.  I only go there once a year, usually. so I have a list, of which about half will be bought.  :)

No comments: