Sunday, February 07, 2016

Spinning For A Sweater & Knitting More Socks

At the beginning of the year, I started spinning my CVM fleece for a sweater as part of a 4 month large project KAL in the "Knot a Podcast" group on Ravelry.  So far, I've gotten three bobbins full. I'm still debating if I should do a 2 or 3 ply since I know the yarn will bloom when washed.  Since I have plenty of bobbins, I will spin three more so I can mix them for plying if I do a 2 ply - 1 and 4, 2 and 5, and 3 and 6.  If I decide on a 3 ply, I'll spin 3 more - 1,4,7; 2,5,8; and 3,6,9.  This avoids striping in the knitting if there is any shading in the fleece. There is no clear color difference as far as I can see.  Just to be safe,  I've been starting each bobbin from a different point in the bag of fluffy roving to also off-set this from happening.




As for knitting progress, I finished my January socks #2.  


My current pair is in Knit Picks Felici "Rainbow".  I'm using the "Fruit Stripe Gum Socks" pattern and love how it looks.  It's sort of addictive and I went too far on the first sock.  A stripe had to be frogged or I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish the sock.  My second pair will be in Julianna's Fibre in "Silver Lining".  These are both for YOSS and "Suburban Stitcher Podcast" Rainbow-along.








No comments: