Sunday, July 24, 2016

Tour de Fleece Spinning; More Prizes; Sock Knitting

Tour De Fleece 2016 has finished as of today.  I am happy with my accomplishments.  The "Tuscany" as a chain ply, 12 ounces, 455 yds.;  "Vineyard Haven" as a 2 ply, 8 ounces, 626 yds.; and a Loop batt "Sweeeeet" as a chain ply, 4.2 ounces, 188.5 yds.  I had hurt my leg and was happy to have the Hansen so I could finish my spinning goals.  Prior to that I had been using my Minstrel for the first two projects.  I had to ply the Vineyard and do the Loop batt on the e-spinner while elevating my leg.  (It's much better now, but still a little weak). 



 


Knitting was also completed.  My June "Kick in the Butt" socks and the "Ziggy Cowl" were both done before the end of the month.  Right now, the only knitting I'm concentrating on is my July socks, "My Cup of Tea".  I like the pattern but the sock is a little snug to pull on.  It might be the yarn (old Knit Picks Memories) and needle combo, or the pattern part draws in a bit. Sock one is done and sock two is at the gusset.  Plans are to get that part done and motor on down the foot and toe before the end of the month.  The socks on the right are my June plain vanilla ones.



 









I won another pattern last week and some fiber this week.  My luck has not been so good with Powerball though.  :)


My plans are to knit another pair of socks and a Big Island Shawl  in August.   This is yarn for that. 






No comments: