Saturday, August 20, 2005

My sweater has a sleeve!!

I now own a one sleeved sweater. I hope to get the other one in this week. I learned a lot from this process. Learning Double Points Needles was not as bad as I thought it would be. I need more practice with them though. I tried the sweater on and it fits nice. The sleeve is the perfect length.

Unfortunately, it took longer to do the sleeve than I planned. I got involved with some other projects and unscheduled activities during vacation week. Oh well, that's what vacations are for - no time table to follow.

Thursday, I signed up for the October 1st Knitter's Breakfast at Fabric Place. It costs $5 a person and is not open to the public. This is a very cool event. I can't wait to go to this one. I went to the last one in the spring and had a wonderful time.

There is, of course, a breakfast served buffet style. After you fill your tummy, you head back downstairs to the fiber department and the fun really begins. They have people demonstrating spinning, knitting, crochet and other things. Also, there are some hands on spots where you can try something new. A drawing is also going on for door prizes. Included are books and yarns. The $5 you prepaid with registration is actually given back to you in merchandise. The entire store is on sale for 20 or 25 percent off.

No comments: