Saturday, November 22, 2008

Meetings, Show and Tell, and Christmas in November

I'll start with the meetings part. First I went to the spinning guild meeting where we did a show and tell of the stuff we learned and bought. This was fun because I got to see some new to me goodies and techniques. Shawl pins, scarves which were knit or woven, and lessons learned were all shared. I talked about the classes I took, passed around the dyed fibers, and showed the lazy kate Pat had made me. I'm trying to talk him into making a couple more lazy kates, but, he really doesn't want to.

Wednesday of this week was our usual craft night at Panera. A few people were missing due to prior commitments, but most of us were there. I was teased about cheating with the shopping ban because Pat bought me goodies and I didn't have to pay him back. They didn't count. The girls insisted I cheated. lol

Nancy was working on a sewing projects she is teaching her students at school. They are cute baby/toddler hats made of felt. Pam is taking a break from socks to make another Baby Surprise Jacket. She knits them up so fast, I'm sure it was done by today. Sarah was making a Morning Wave scarf in some of her handspun in a pretty sparkly cranberry red. Lisa is on the finishing side of her light blue and white variegated baby blanket for a friend. Marva is in working toward finishing her scarf in a deep green. And I was fussing with my Nanner sock. Everything I did I had to pull out when I got home. Somehow I had 12 extra stitches after finishing the heel flap. It's now fixed, and on the leg.

I did manage to mess up the leg and forget to put the pattern in the back. That meant redoing 8 rows. Here's hoping I can finish them this weekend. I only have a repeat and a half to match the first one. Then I will knit them at the same time until I run out of yarn.

Now for the Christmas in November part. Since my shopping ban is lifted, I had fun online. Now, I can shop now without restrictions. I visited Crown Mountain Farms and bought some sock yarn. Grafton Fibers was having a buy 2 get a 3rd selection free sale, so I now have some batts from there. Then I stopped at CJKopec's Etsy store and fell in love with a new color blend called Pucker and decided to grab it. Also making it's way into my cart were Candy Clouds and Rosey N Mick. I had 4 ounces of Rosey N Mick, but, decided to grab 4 more. Also arriving at the house was my monthly fiber club from CJ. It's called Jammin Nanners and is a wonderful blend of fiber with a fantastic shine from the silk in it. My fiber club from DkKnits also came in at the same time. There is my November and December fiber along with some terrific goodies. I don't want to go into details because some people haven't got their packages yet. Then my Happy Housewife soaps showed up. These are for sale over at LimeNViolet's store. Some scents are limited and some are stock. I got two bars each of Cherry Sugar and Blueberry-Guava. There are also yummy sniffies to match some of the soaps as well as different scents. There are a few series as well as a scent club. I'm in the cupcake club .

Did I mention all this stuff arrived today??? Pat offered to go to the post office for me. He said "Your packages are on the table." I thought he meant two items. Wow, did I get a surprise when I walked into the kitchen. ha-ha

Not yet here is my purchase from Silversunalpacas for some Daffodails which is a alpaca, mohair, and wool blend and looks like daffodils in the woods. Also there is a little purchase from Loop on it's way. Just 2 twin blue batts and some Angelina.

Last week I became a Loopy Groupie over at The Loopy Ewe, so I got my 6th order and loopy groupie goody bag from them as well.

That's it. No more shopping to report. I think I've made up for the ban.

Yes, Sarah and Marva, I will spin and not just pet the fiber. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will believe it when I see it...
Show me the yarn baby, show me the yarn!