Friday, November 13, 2009

WIP Spinning, Ditto Knitting, Winning A Prize

This has been a busy few weeks of plying. So far I've finished some Flawful Fibers Rambouillet in lovely light purple shades, of which the name escapes me at this time. Also, my Tour de Fleece singles, "Cabot", from Creatively Dyed came out lovely.

Halloween was spent at RI Handspun where several of us decided to celebrate the day by either dressing in black/orange or spinning fibers that reminded us of Autumn/Halloween. I spun up the Witch's Brew I had carded at the spinners guild party earlier in the month.

The purple/teal/pink Rambouillet bought at Rhinebeck is spinning up and will be very pretty as a two ply.

"Ditto" is progressing nicely. I've finished the body and started the first sleeve.As I mentioned before, instead of short sleeves, I chose to modify the pattern and make it a long sleeved sweater. Thanks to Sarah for suggesting Elizabeth Zimmerman's book, "Knitting Without Tears". It was easy to figure out what to do.

Sock withdrawal has set in, and, one needs to be started soon. Through the Loops Mystery Sock was tabled so I could start my sweater. The yarn has been sitting next to my desk tempting me for over a month now. It might just be cast on later this evening. :)

Recently I went shopping on Etsy. I found some delicious Milk Silk Latte for sale from CorgiHillFarm. The fiber is so nice I ordered another shipment, along with a luscious batt called "Pomegranate Milkshake". Anna was giving away a $50 gift certificate to her shop with the 500th item sold. I never notice what item number I am when I place an order. I got a happy surprise when I went to check my email and found I had won the gift certificate. Everything in this shop is so tempting, making it hard to decide what to buy with it.

No comments: