Saturday, May 01, 2010

Spinning in the Warm Sun ... Alpaca Fleece

Today has gotten off to a slow start. It's suppose to be about 80 degrees outside today so I'm getting ready to hang laundry outside. Then, I will sit with my wheel and spin for a bit.

Pat has plans for us to head out to a flea market in the morning. This is nice, but, the stop after that is better. We are stopping at the alpaca farm who just had it's Shearing Days this past Thursday and Friday. Last Saturday, on the way home for CT Sheep and Wool, a detour to the farm was made just to visit. I really want some pure white alpaca to blend with some other fibers. The owner told me she will have some and will put it aside for me if I come up this weekend. Yippee. Now, there is a beautiful silver gray that might find it's way home with me too if it's still available........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

visiting via a link from julie's Kniting at Large. Nice blog. Will be dropping by more often!
t_a