Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fair Fun, Tour de Fleece Spinning, Downpours!

Friday was a rainy day with random thunderstorms in the morning and afternoon.  I was a little worried since I was doing a spinning/fiber demo with Happy Hands at the annual North Stonington Fair in CT during the afternoon and evening.  My wishing for the weather to clear seemed to be working as I packed the car and headed out.  Sadly, I guess I didn't wish hard enough.  We had downpours off and on the whole time we were in the Sheep Barn.  One of the worst cloudbursts/downpours was when it was time to pack up and go home.  I said a quick good night, grabbed my wheel I had covered with a big black trash bag, and made a mad dash when there was a lull in the storm. It started to downpour and I was still soaked by the time I got the wheel in the back seat.  Driving home was a bit of a challenge, but the rain tapered off about half way home. 

Saturday was a beautiful, warm day and we had lots of people coming through the barn. I even got to be a judge with Sandi for the Lead Line competition. 

Here's a picture of the bobbin after Saturday's spinning.  It was empty on Friday when I got there.  I still have about half the braid to do.  If I had spun this my regular thickness, I probably would have finished the braid.  I also got a little spindling in but don't have a picture of that yet.  The skein of yarn is the first 4 ounce braid which was finished Thursday evening at home.  It's 424 yards of Navajo ply. I'm quite happy with my Tour de Fleece progress so far.












Evenstar has 3 repeats left and the grafting of the two edges and then will be finished. I can't wait to soak and block this. My next project is to try to finish the "sweater that never ends" a/k/a my version of Ditto. The poor sweater has been two years in the making. Although, if you read my blog, you already know it was actually almost finished and semi-frogged due to sizing issues.

No comments: