Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Happy July 4th..... On Your Mark, Get Set, Spin!!

Tour de Fleece 2011 started this past Saturday, July 2.  It runs until Sunday, July 24th.  I'm participating but have a limited goal.  I joined 4 teams.  No trying to spin as much of a whole fleece as I can in 22 days this year.  Since I'm part of Corgi Hill Farm's team, I have to spin her fiber.  I had a hard time picking one from the stash, but the final choice was "Carnival Glass".  There's 8 ounces in my stash.  I'm not sure if I'll finish it all because it's coming out so fine.  The colors just pop out at you and the shine is gorgeous.  It's a Merino/Bamboo/Silk blend and spins like thinly poured melted butter.  ♥



Here's a picture of the 2 braids and three days of spinning.  I still have 1.45 ounces of braid one to spin. There was  little Wensleydale batt bite included with these and I plan to spin that on one of my spindles.  I need serious spindle practice time so I can improve that ability.

Both these fiber projects will be coming to North Stonington Fair in Connecticut with me this week. Happy Hands Fiber Arts is doing the fiber arts demo in the sheep barn on Thursday and Friday evening from 4:30 until 9p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to about 4 p.m. If you are in the area stop by and say hi.

Evenstar is almost off the needles.  I have 50 of the 56 edging repeats done as of last night.  Oooo!  the anticipation of having that finished!  I can't wait to block it with my interlocking boards.  The plan is to lay it out on the deck on a sunny day and have it dry super fast.

Today was busy with doctor appointments for me.  The eye doctor one went well.  Although, I need glasses for reading and doing the fine stuff like knitting lace.  :(  Hey, as I told some online friends, at least it's not bifocals or even trifocals.  :)

The other appointment was meh.  I got my diabetes meds tweaked and found out I've been taking my iron supplement too early in the day.  It conflicts with my thyroid med.  This explains why my butt has been dragging lately.  I've had no energy and just want to sleep a lot.  Now I've adjusted the schedule, I'm hoping for an energy burst to happen in a couple days.

That's if for me for now.  Enjoy the rest of the week if you are on vacation.  Stay cool in the heat. 


1 comment:

Pam said...

I love the colors! That is very pretty.

I've been taking thyroid medication for years, and I just recently found out I'm supposed to wait 4 hours before eating anything with iron or calcium. I'm a little disgruntled that I wasn't told this before.