Lately, it's been a case of finishing up a few projects. The fourth pet blanket has been crocheted. The Niyritt Hat came out cute. I wish I had knit an extra repeat in the body of the hat before starting the cabling at the top. It fits fine but I would have liked it to be a little longer in order to cover my ears better. The Monkey socks are progressing well. I managed to start the heel flap last night. I might still manage to finish these before the end of the month.
A couple of years ago, I won some fiber from a KAL on Ravelry. It's very pretty but a bear to spin. It's a little felted and has tons of nepps in it. The dyer felt bad about taking a while to get it to me so sent me 8 ounces instead of the original 4. The colors are very pretty pastel shades. After fighting my way through the first 4 ounce braid, my hands hurt, especially the right pointer finger. The most sore spot is right at the first knuckle which is a bit swollen.
Yesterday was a spin in at RI Handspun so I took it easy and worked on refilling a couple of partial bobbins with some more of my cria alpaca/merino hogget blend. That stuff almost spins itself. I hope Liz gets her mill back up and running some day. I love how she processes my fleeces and blends. There's plenty in the stash to keep me busy for quite a while if she doesn't re-open for a few years.
Due to the sore finger/hand, I'm not working on anything today.
Here's a couple pics of the Niyritt Hat. :