Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Halloween Socks, "Sail"ing, Birthday Yarn, and Foot Issues

It's been a tough month with a foot problem.  At the end of September, I thought I had a blister on the side of my foot and it turned out to be the beginning of an ulcer on the ball of my foot.  Not walking on that foot was mandatory for it's healing.  I've been in a special boot, applying a special medication,  and using crutches for most of the month.  It has worked and I got the clearance to go back to my regular shoe as of yesterday's appointment.  There's a small spot still which has to have the med and bandage on it, but I don't need to use the crutches.  

I also saw my diabetes doctor and made an appointment with his nutritionist the same day as the foot issue started. Well, I'm doing great with my new plan.  I'm down 10 pounds and my glucose has dropped between 70 and 100 points (now between 70 and 160s instead of in the 200s).  It definitely helped the foot problem.  And, that's without walking and just doing "chair" type exercises. Arm and upper body movements in the chair and leg lifts laying on the bed.   I liked Weight Watchers but need a more structured, less flexible, food plan.  Set carb amounts works best for me.  

Since I was chair bound, I managed to finish my Halloween socks knit in Fishknit's "Count Sheepula" colorway.  They look like velour. My "Sail" Shawl is almost two thirds done.  The second skein is almost done. It's so soft and squishy.  It's also perfect for group knitting since you only have the one increase and attached I-cord to remember.  I'm hoping to get to the purple yarn for the edging by this weekend. The picture is at the end of the first skein.

 








 Expression Fiber Arts had some gorgeous yarn for October in the "Tourmaline" colorway.  I got two skeins, and a semi-solid of the matching pink.  That's 1500 yards of fingering weight. I need to find a pattern for it. 


                       
No spinning happened.  I had my husband set up the big card table so I can put my Hansen on it, but just never did.  That will happen this week.  
 

No comments: