Monday, October 03, 2016

In The Mood For Mauve

It seems I've been in the mood to use a particular shade of mauve in my projects lately.  My Big Island Wrapper and Spring Forward socks both have this color in them.

 

I developed a small ulcer on the bottom of my foot so spinning on the Minstrel is limited for now.  My other foot gets tired from doing all the treadling. Because of this, I haven't finished the last ounce of my Blackberry Ice Cream colorway singles yet.  (It's almost the same shade of mauve).  Plans are to ply it all on the Hansen as soon as I can. 

 

Since I'm not suppose to walk on my foot, I have lots of time at the desk or in the recliner with the feet up.  This lends itself to lots of knitting time.  Besides the above two projects, and some more Vivid squares being finished, I cast on two more projects.  Sail is a garter stitch asymmetrical shawl with attached I-cord.  My October YOSSRATS2016 socks are French Vanilla Cappuccino by C.C. Almon.  The shawl yarn is from June Pryce Fiber Arts  Beavertail DK in "Ziggy Stardust".  The socks yarn is Fishknits "Count Sheepula" which is a perfect name for Halloween time.  It's self-striping dark purple, black, burgundy, and olive green.

 

Before the foot issue, I spent a lovely afternoon in Mystic at Driftwood Yarns in September.  There was quite a bit of stash acquisitions purchased.  There was some lovely fiber near the counter that called my name.  It's from Groton Family Farm's Shetland sheep.  Sadly, the farm is now closed and this fiber is no longer available.  So of course I had to buy some.  :)  I plan to knit an Indigopie so a sweater quantity of Encore Chunky.  Two skeins of Happy Feet 100 Splash sock yarn  and one of Cascade Heritage Prints also found their way home with me as well.

No comments: