Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Sweater Attempt Number 3

 It appears my "Frozen" color work sweater just does not want to become a garment.  The first two times it was much too big.  

Try number three has issues as well.  I think the size is fine this time.  After frogging the almost complete body, I started knitting with the same yarns, just not in the same order as I frogged the skeins.  I didn't realize there was a bit of a light blue tint on the natural cream (main color) from where I had used the darkest blue in the color work.  About five inches into the body, I could see this discoloration at about an inch from the arms separation point.  So, now I frogged back to a row under the arm separation, switch to a skein I know was just used in the body and have knit onward.  Here's hoping I finish the sweater and can wear it before Spring gets here.  I have plans for the other skein to become a hat after a good soaking.  I will put the same pattern in the area of the blue tint just in case.

There's still only a little spinning and cross stitching progress so far this year.

Time to feed the cats.  One is meowing and the other sort of makes a trill noise for food demands.  As they age, they are getting much more vocal and a bit sassy.   lol

No comments: