Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Intarsia Sweater is finally finished.....

and guess what.... It fits!!!! I am very happy with how it turned out. Now I am trying to finish my bobble and ridge shawl. I have decided I do better being semi-faithful to one project at a time (with only small lapses to other WIPs occasionally) in order to complete things.

I also have been working with my spindle. Unfortunately, I dropped it so many times last night, I put a crack in the wood near the hook. It appears to be spinning o.k. though, so I can continue. I will have to try to stop by the shop and see if it all right to use like this.

I had a bit of a panic Friday night. I thought I saw a moth in my craft room. After checking all my yarn stash for unwanted invaders, and finding none, I checked in with a fellow knitting / fiber friend. She asked a lot of questions about the creature. After I described the loathsome thing, she asked if I had plants in the room. It was definitely not a baby moth, I have been told. According to her, it sounds like a plant pest called whitefly. Now I have to bathe all my foliage babies with soapy water and hope to rid them of unwanted guests. One of my cats, Rosebud, lives in this room and never was fazed by the foolish thing flying around. She's a very timid cat and was problably afraid of it. lol

Well, the weather is sunny and 90 degrees today so we went for a nice long ride this morning. Needless to say, my shawl accompanied me. I spent half the trip winding a skein into a ball, which was very relaxing to do. I never did pick up the needles.

Housework calls to me, so I must obey. Otherwise nothing will get accompished and I will have no free time to knit or spin tonight.

Bye for now. Happy Father's Day to all.

No comments: