Friday, May 04, 2007

"Wavy Laces" socks restarted..........

After much thought and opinion gathering, I decided I didn't care for the way the socks were looking. I love the flow of colors in the yarn, and the pattern. Just not together. There is too much going on with all the colors to appreciate the pattern. It gets kind of lost in there. I went to see Jonne and learned I was using the wrong king of yarn to begin with. I purchased some Wildfoote in the color "Columbine", which is made by the Brown Sheep Company. It's light pink, light blue, and white plied up in each strand. I have only done 4 rows of the scallop rib and can see the difference already.

The original yarn, from Jessicaarts, will be used for a shawl at a later date. That had been the plan for it before I started these socks.

O.k....... back to the socks.........

No comments: