Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wavy Lace Socks started........

I decided to make the wavy lace socks from "Favorite Socks". I'm using my hand painted yarn from Jessicaarts again. It's Peruvian wool again.This one is called "Dusk" and has a myriad of colors......light and dark greens, light and dark blue, mauve, purple, a bit of rose and gold. There are so many colors in this..........but it's so pretty. Originally this yarn was to be a shawl. I plan to order another skein later for that project. Each one is 440 yards and more than enough for socks with some left overs. There is also a sock club available with this seller at her other site, www.Digitechpatterns.com that I'm thinking of signing up for. I have all the colors shown in the photo except the bright green. The same colors are available in roving. Some of those are also waiting for me to spin.

These socks are a bit of a challenge for me because I have not had much experience with charts. I hand wrote the two charts out so I can refer to the worded version if I have a problem. Wish me luck.........I'll need it.


No comments: