Wednesday, February 11, 2009

As the Llama Turns......

Some of you may remember the fleeces I was given back in June '08. Among them was the blanket from the llama. It's a soft, dark gray fiber... I think. It's very dirty and dusty. It spent the summer, fall, and most of the winter in the shed in the back yard along with a Romeldale fleece I've yet to wash.

A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to share this lovely llama fiber with the 3 ladies who spent those 100 degree days helping me sort and re-bag the fleeces. Then it sat in my kitchen until today. With the temps in the 60s and the sun shining through my window, the temptation to do Springtime fibery things was too much. The snow is still on the ground, so I had to soak it in the house. Right now, part of it's in 2 pans on the counter in the kitchen.

No comments: