Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here I Go A-Clucking and A-Clicking

I go through phases where I can eat the same general item for several days on end.  Lately, that item has been chicken.  If you hear me clucking and see tail feathers growing out my rear end, let me know. Over the last two weeks, I've made a Mashed Potato Topped Chicken Pot Pie, Curry Chicken Salad, and Baked Chicken Thighs.  Usually, when I cook, there's enough for at least two days of meals, sometimes more.  There was a pot of chili, and broiled scallops in between the pie and everything else. 

 








As for the a-clicking, both knitting needles and wheel have been busy.  I include the wheel because it sometimes "talks" to me.  I finished and blocked both the items I cast on during the Knitting Guild retreat, as well as the green fiber I was spinning then.  "Make It Work!", "Edelweiss Neckwarmer" and the mosaic for the "Troll" handspun yarn are all pictured below. The neckwarmer still needs two buttons and the loops attached.  I picked up a couple abalone buttons at Jo Anne's for this last night.  Also pictured are my Embossed Leaves socks, knit in Kindred Spirit Symphony yarn in the color "Dusty Blue".  The gusset is finished, and, I'm onto the foot of sock two as of a few moments ago.  I hope to finish them by tomorrow.  The toe has an interesting construction. 
Please excuse the appearance of my deck.  When I took the picture, we hadn't power washed the furniture or put the cushions out yet.

 














The other fiber I was spinning at the retreat, "Moonlight", the blue Rambouillet, has seen a good deal of progress as well.  I'm hoping to finish that this weekend so I can move along to my April Stash Buster fiber - some lovely grey Shetland from Groton Family Farm.

No comments: