Friday, April 29, 2011

The Tortoise Will Win the Race Eventually

Do you remember the childhood story of the tortoise and the hare?  Well, I think my progress lately has been resembling the tortoise.  My Evenstar Shawl's beaded edging has about 8 of 57 repeats finished as of yesterday.  Each repeat is about 20 stitches and 20 rows.  That's not a lot, but the beading takes time and slows you down some. 

My April Project Stash Buster fiber is the lovely light gray Shetland from Groton Family Farm.  I started this fiber during a spinning demo the day before Easter, at the farm on their shearing day.  Since it came from the farm's sheep last year, it was appropriate to spin it while doing the demo.   I'll be spending tonight spinning the last ounce or so of that. Plying the 8 ounces will be tomorrow evening after I get home from the CT Sheep and Wool Festival. I am only going for fleece. I promise. :)

The "Stormy Seas" fiber from CorgiHillFarm has been taking a break. It will be  picked up again after I complete the Shetland.  I had 7.2 ounces and have made good progress with it.  Only the fourth batt is left to spin.

I'm chomping at the bit to start May's fiber, but I know I have to wait until "Stormy Seas" is done to start that.  It's Polwarth in bright, colorful "Autumn Rainbow". 

No comments: