Monday, April 18, 2011

Whipping Out the WIPs and Re-Learning A Crochet Technique

Last Thursday evening was my monthly knitting guild meeting where one of the members did a demo on Tunisian crochet.  It's been about 15 years since I did that particular technique and welcomed the refresher in it.  Of course, I am thinking of making some pot holders after seeing the ones Jan brought as a display.  I've got lots of worsted weight in my stash that will work well for these. 

Last week was a good one for finishing more knitting and spinning.  The Edelweiss Neckwarmer has the two abalone buttons, along with the anchoring back buttons, and loops sewn on and is now finished.  The second Embossed Leaves socks was knit like lightning.  And the best finished WIP was my "Moonlight" Rambouillet fiber.  The total for that was 8 ounces, 2 ply, with a 1000 yards of lovely, soft, squishy yarn!!  Woot!  Woot!  That's the most yardage I ever got from 8 ounces of fiber.   




Now, Millie Minstrel is busy spinning the second half of my CorgiHillFarm Merino/Glitz batts in "Stormy Seas".  I'm hoping to have that finished in a few days as well.










After I finish this post, I'm going to take out my Evenstar shawl and finally start the edging.  My intention was to do this a few days ago, but I got sidetracked with the spinning.

No comments: