Wednesday, August 24, 2011


A New Fiber Tool & Project Progress

My dear husband is right.  Craigslist can be a dangerous, addictive site.  He has been perusing the site often and found several items, of interest to him, which he thinks were good deals.  I, too, enjoy checking the site out.  Arts and Crafts is my favorite category, of course. 

Last month, I saw a spinning wheel, but hesitated to contact the seller.  I lost out on the opportunity of buying it.  Pat told me not to hesitate next time if I see something I liked. 

This past Sunday found me glancing at the listings for looms and wheels.  There was one ad in particular that caught my eye.  We contacted the seller and the item was still available.  So, we hopped in the car, and drove to Milton, MA.

I'm now the happy owner of a Toika Leena table loom with stand.  It's 4 harness, has string heddles, is intact, and just needed to be cleaned up.  Since the harnesses were not properly attached, I need to do a bit of research to set it up correctly. 


My Mystic Midsummer Wreath Shawl has seen a bit of love in between my Mystery Sock by Jen Hansen.  I had to re-start the sock after I tried on the leg portion.  It would have been too tight to fit over my heel/instep.  Now, I'm knitting the larger size and it fits well after trying this one on.

The August Project Stash Buster fiber is spinning along.  I've got about 2 ounces left to spin and can then start the plying.  This coming Saturday is the monthly spin in at RI Handspun, and I plan to work on that while there.  If I have time, I want to spin some of my natural colored fiber before starting the September fiber.

With a tropical storm or hurricane arriving in my area on Sunday, I need to finish clearing the yard and batten down the hatches, so I will say good bye for now.  If you are in the line of the storm, please stay safe. If you are told to evacuate, please do so.  It's not worth losing a life to stay in your home if it's too dangerous.  Hugs and prayers for everyone's safekeeping.

No comments: