Monday, January 30, 2012

A Few Finished Projects, Spinning With Pals
The weather has been pretty darn nice lately.  Old Man Winter has taken pity on us and kept most of the cold and snow away from our area.  Saturday found me driving to RI Handspun for the monthly spin in.  I spent half my time there knitting on my Thin Ice Shawl.  I only had 2 rows until bind off, which I did when I got home.  Here's a couple pictures of it blocking on my kitchen island. If you look closely, you can see Pooh, on the right side in the second picture.  His eyes are glowing from the flash.  lol

I've also been busy crocheting some Snuggle blankets for the Snuggles Project.  Sadie, of the Yarnivore Podcast, is hosting a two month knit, crochet, sew - a-long for January and February to help the animals.  So far I've finished two and started the third one tonight.  I'm hoping to get a few more done for February.  Here's a picture of one of them.

February will also see the beginning of a mitten KAL which I've signed up for.  It's two colors but it might just be the cuff in one color and the mitten in an another.  Or, it could be stranded work.  I'm sort of hoping for the latter, since I really want to do some of that type of knitting this year.

I'm still spinning my Gothic Roses fiber on my Minstrel.  I think I need to re-vamp my stash down method to incorporate the 4 ounces per month minimum rule again for this year.  I'm having trouble getting the 8 ounces spun this time. 

Pooh is adapting quite well to not having Hanna around. He is starting to want more cuddles from me since she isn't here for nap time. 

That's it for today.  I'm going back to my hook and try to get most of Snuggle number 3 done tonight.

1 comment:

Donna said...

The shawl came out really pretty! It's hard for animals when they lose a sibling - they know there's a loss and don't quite know what it's all about.

We knit blankets for the animal shelter with our girl scout troop years ago. The girls loved it!