Re-Assessing Goals and Intentions For 2012
Remember New Year's Day and all the good intentions/goals I made? Yeah, epic fail for most of them so far. This is why I don't make resolutions. Here's a re-cap.
1. Continue on my "get healthier" path. This hasn't been so great due to the dental issues which caused other health issues. The weight is doing a yo-yo thing but it's down a bit.
2. Work on a walking regime. Pat needs to set up my treadmill so I can use it in the basement. Still waiting on the treadmill. Now that it's nicer out, I can try to walk in the neighborhood.
3. Spin/Knit down at least one bin of each in my stash. This is has had a bit of accomplishment. I've spun quite a bit so far this year with only a few new enhancements. My fiber did come back from the mill last week, but since it was already here in fleece form, I'm not counting it as a new addition. Yarn, umm, not so good. I went on the retreat, adding 5 skeins to the bin. Three of them have already been used as well as quite a few stash skeins for projects. The other two will be used next for the mitts, which was the retreat project.
4. Finish knitting my old UFO/WIP sweater from 2009, which I'm making with my handspun. Not touched yet. :(
5. Finish spinning the yarn for my second handspun sweater and knit it. Nothing done here either. :(
6. Use my handspun either in knitting, crochet, felting, or weaving instead of just looking at it. Accomplishment! I knit my Dragonfly Wings Shawl all with my handspun.
7. Use my spindles instead of letting them decorate the shelf in the hutch of my desk. Small success here. I took a spindle on the retreat and did use it for a bit. One other day was also spent with a spindle for a while.
8. Use both my looms which includes investing the time in proper lessons. Nope. Nada. I've watched a few instructional videos. There's a warp wound. Does that count?
I'll try to be better in the next few months in regards to meeting my goals. Now that the warm weather is here, I think it will be easier to do many of them.
How are you doing with your intentions/goals so far this year?