Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summertime Fiber Fun

Oops.  It's been a few weeks since my last post. 

The last Saturday in June was the monthly spin in at RI Handspun. I brought a bag of Mr. Attitude's fleece to spin. I managed almost 2 whole bobbins.  My goal is 2000 yards of a bulky weight yarn and I'm almost there.  Just over 1500 yards are spun already.  I should be able to get it done this week.  I'm spinning at the North Stonington Fair again this year, so I hope to crank out the bulk of what is left.

Poor Boobalicious Tank is no more.  It just wasn't making me happy with the results as I knit on it.  It took a one way trip to the frog pond.  In it's place I'm knitting Buttercup.  This is a cute summer top, knit from the top down with just underarm seaming when you are finished.  The front has a bit of feather and fan across the neck/chest line.

My toe up vanilla sock also got frogged due to being too loose on my foot.  I'm restarting that soon in a size 0 needle.

I finished another dish cloth which I started on the bus trip to WEBS with my knitting group. My shopping was very conservative for me.  I bought 5 skeins of Merino/Mulberry Silk/Nylon in a fingering weight for dyeing.  I also bought 3 of the same brand already dyed up for my Color Affection Shawl.  The Color Grid card and a weaving video were my only other two items.  After subtracting the gift card I had to use, and the generous discount we were given, I only spent about $75. I should have bought more of that yarn to dye.  Oh well.  I'll be back there again soon.  I had a happy surprise the following day when I found the missing gift card from three years ago.  Now I have more money for my next trip.  :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

I like that Buttercup top. That is definitely going on my list. I will have to find a nice soft yarn to knit it with. The handspun I am working on now would be a bit too scratchy.