Sunday, August 28, 2016

Yarn Dyeing, Needle Felting, and Knitting


This Saturday's weather was perfect for several members of my knitting guild (OSKCG) to get together for the Dye Workshop with Kelly of Romney Ridge FarmIn the Loop yarn store in Plainville, MA was our lovely host.  The heat stayed away long enough for us to finish our skeins, and then the sun managed to find the back of the building where we were. Since we were about to move inside for the needle felting part of the class, it wasn't a problem.  Kelly taught us how to make adorable sheep.  They all looked different and seemed to have distinct personalities.

Here's some pictures of some of the yarns in progress as well as a few of the sheep.  Mine is the big plump one on the left. (Seems kind of fitting.  lol)

 




My only knitting at this time is the Big Island Wrapper.  I've finished the solid portion of the second part and just started the second transition part.  September 1 is right around the corner and that means another pair of socks will be cast on.  I'm going to use my PacaPeds "Kaliedosock" colorway for these.  This is really old stash - 2008 I think.

My wheels are begging for attention and I plan to start a new fiber project soon.

No comments: