Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas! ... Slow Knitting Progress ... A Fiber Community Loss


Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.  We had a quiet Christmas here, just the two of us.  Pat and I made a nice pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and a mixed veggie. He helped with the prep work as well as checked on the roast and potatoes as they were cooking so I could rest my foot.  It's healed but I'm trying to stay off it as much as possible since it's still sore until it gets 100% back to normal.

My knitting is suffering lately.  The December YOSS socks are being knit in tandem and are at gusset decreases.  I hope to finish before the last minute of the month.  Sadly, YOSS group is disbanding on Ravelry.  There is so much camaraderie among the members.  I'm going to miss following and posting in threads.  One of the moderators has set up a new group for a while and I've joined that.  

My Project Peace Cowl didn't get finished by December 21.  I put it aside since I've missed that date, but plan to pick it back up as soon as I finish the socks.  The same goes for my Rippling River Cowl. I do have a project to cast on for January 1 at 12:01 a.m.   It's the Oceanbound  Shawl and is part of a KAL in the We Are Yarn Podcast group.  

There was some spinning on the Hansen.  About 2 ounces are left of the original 9.  Maybe I can squeeze that in between sock knitting to give my hands a rest from the size 1 needles. I set the mini spinner up on the card table, and slide it in front of my recliner. Once I'm settled in the chair, with remotes, laptop, drink, and legs are up, I can spin.  I keep a bin of "next" projects near my chair and put the bag of fiber on it. The fiber is in batts and in a clear plastic trash bag so it's easy to reach in and grab a handful of fluff to continue spinning.


I was sad to learn of the passing of Tracy Drake (a/k/a Copperpot Woolies) earlier this month.  She will be missed by all who loved her fiber batts.  I still have several in my stash and will think of her often while spinning them.

No comments: