Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This site is dedicated to my foolish ramblings and notations. I have a great love for cats as you can tell from my name. I am owned by four such creatures at the present time.

I also enjoy knitting, crochet, painting ceramics, and working with stained glass. I also love to read romance books. Especially the historical ones lately.

At the present time I have several projects going on at the same time. I am in the middle of a stained glass window which I need to re-do partly. I made some pieces too short and can't frame it properly. This means taking about a third of the window apart and starting over. Oh well, dumb mistake on my part. I thought it would still work -- wrong. Also started a seascape of a whale with her baby. It's developing a bit differently than I had pictured it in my mind, but it will be beautiful when finished thanks to much help from my instructor, Laurie. Awesome teacher and lady.

As for the crochet, I am working on a lacy smock. It is coming along nicely. The back is finished and the front is about a quarter of the way done.

Ahhh, now the knitting. I am trying to make a sweater in the round from the neck down. It is not as difficult as it sounds. Instead of a lot of decreasing, you have a lot of increasing. I am just at the chest area and found a mistake so had to rip out three rounds. I could have left the mistake, since it was so small. But, I would have known it was there and it would have drove me batty. I plan to put the three rounds back tonight and hopefully a few more as well. I am also attempting to make socks. This is not going very well. So far I have the yarn, needles, and pattern in a bag together. That's it. I think they will stay there until this weekend.

I have not been working on any ceramic painting at the present time. I have a beautiful angel to do up before Christmas, but have plenty of time to get to that. I also have a few gifts to finish before the holidays.

I have been trying to go to water aerobics twice a week, but usually make it only once. Need to improve on that. Also need to start walking again now the weather is nice. After working all day --sometimes late, I come home and take care of housework and spend some time with my dear husband, 4 cats and 2 dogs. I need more hours in the day to get to everything!!

Well thanks for visiting my blog. As I said at the beginning, this is just my spot to ramble a bit. Please come back again soon!!

No comments: