Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hello.


What a crazy week this has been!

First, I still have pain and bruising from the klutz monster incident last week. Second, I got a nasty cold and had to stay out of work for three days. (That part was not too bad--got a lot of knitting done).

The good part of the week is that the seascape is redone and about half way together. It is looking gorgeous and I can't wait to display it in my livingroom window. It is a one of a kind piece. I plan to take pics when it is finished and post them here.

My sweater from the neck down is moving along fast now, thanks to being home this week sick. I just sat on the sofa and knit, knit, knit all day--especially yesterday. My hubby kept getting me cold drinks and I just rested, took my medicine, coughed alot and blew my nose. I think the knitting is a form of medicine because if I had not been working on something, I would have been doing more around the house and not resting. I still made supper and did laundry in between when I took a knitting break.
Like I said, the sweater is working up fast. I am past the armholes and working on a simple stockinette stitch for the body. I am using a size 6 circular needle which is kind of small. Hopefully I can finish the body by next weekend. The reason I give myself another whole week is that I am a plus size princess and it takes a bit longer to get around one row than it would with a small size. I will post pics of this as soon as I take some.

The animals even know I don't feel up to par. They are behaving and just hanging around my feet or near me on the sofa. It is funny how they can sense things and offer their own form of comfort and sympathy when you need it. At least no one has climbed up on my lap and added any personal fiber to the sweater yet.

Have a great weekend and try to stay out of the heat as much as possible. :)




No comments: