Thursday, December 29, 2005

Fantanstic gift elf experience!!!!

What a wonderful surprise met me when I got home from work the other day! I could not wait to open that box. As I already told my elf partner, I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning tearing into my gifts. My heart was thumping with excitement and anticipation of what could be inside. This was sweetened by the hint from Laura that she had made me something. I don't recieve many handmade items from people, because they know I knit and do the stained glass so this especially appreciated by me.

Inside this big box I discovered a huge bag of delicious blue corn chips and two kinds of homemade salsa. The mild is very good. My DH even got some of that one. The hot was.....HOT!!
It burned the mouth, watered the eyes, and cleared the nose. Oh it's good!! I have yet to try the raspberry jalapeno jam. Laura knew I had to have sugar free stuff and this was one of them. The other was a big box of Whitman's chocolates.

Well, that takes care of the edible goodies. Now onto the rest. She gave me some stitch markers, a skein of Lamb's Pride in a very pretty shade of pink, and a set of circular needles I needed to start my Mary Jane Cardigan. She made me the Entrelac Tote from Knit Picks!! It's beautiful.

I will take pics this weekend and post them. The best part of the gift is the new friend I have made from the experience. I hope to continue to hear from Laura from time to time. I also plan to be included in the exchange next year if we have one.

I started the Elizabeth I which includes three different patterns based on Queen Elizabeth. I started the "Town and Country" scarf. I ordered this from Knit Picks a while ago. I had to frog it 3 times already. Once because I started to do the wrong pattern and was short on the cast on. This was not realized until row 8. Once because the stitches were too loose. And once because I made a mistake in row 9 and could not find it without messing up the previous couple of rows. I am working it in Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Iris. This is a very soft pink/grey color.

I also sort of finished the hooded scarf for Kathy. I took a cowl neck scarf pattern and altered it to work as a scarf or hood. I did this up in fun fur in a purple/pink blend, since she loves purple.

No comments: