Monday, April 30, 2007

Moebius completed on Sunday......... Back to sock land.............

I finished the moebius while my husband painted the room for his aunt. I bound off the last stitch at the same moment he finished the wall. The knitting came out better than I had thought it would. There will be another one in my future, but a bit longer to cover the upper arms better. I need to figure out how to do some increasing to the pattern first. It should not be too hard to do. If I increase the pattern 16 stitches evenly around, there should be enough of a drape over the shoulders and arms. The plan is to do another one the same way as the first, but instead of binding off, work in the increases and repeat the whole 20 rows of the lace pattern. Then do the edging again and bind off. Need to play with this idea some more before actually doing it.

Now it's back to sock land. I want to make a pair from Lace Style and several from Favorite Socks. I had picked out a hand painted yarn from Jessicaarts, but don't think it will work for the lace socks. The colors are too bright. I need to check my stash for a more calmer, muted color. Maybe a solid. I'm going now to do that and then call it a night. It's been a long day.

Weigh in went well. Last week was challenging and I only lost a half pound. Pizza was the supper of choice after. I haven't had pizza for a long time. It was soooooooo good!!!!! I love the garlic dipping sauce from Papa John's. Tomorrow is yogurt and fruit for breakfast, turkey sandwich and salad for lunch, and chicken for supper. Back on plan. One meal at a time...........


No comments: