Sunday, April 06, 2008

Socks, Lace, Fiber, and A Slap from my Cat.....

The first sock of the test knit is finished except for the kitchener of the toe which will be done tonight. Sock 2 will also get started today or tomorrow. The MS3 (Swan Lake) has been taken out of it's bag, snuggled, looked at and put back without a stitch more knit. The Modified Pi Shawl is waiting patiently for me to pick it back up. It has traveled with me a couple of times, though to Panera and other places. The "Rebel, Rebel" red batt is over half spun and hopefully I can finish that this week and get it plyed before the Saturday Spinners Guild meeting.

Over on Ravelry, I've joined a KAL for DkKnits yarns using "No Purl Monkeys" as the pattern. You follow Cookie A's pattern for the Monkey sock which can be found at Knitty in the archives. But don't purl any stitches. Just knit them. So far, I have the first sock cast on and about 4 rows of ribbing done. I'm trying to follow my forced rule of no new projects until one is completed. With the first sock of the test knit just about done, I can justify the cast on of sock 1 for this KAL. I'm using a color called "Wicked Witch of the East" for my pair. I figured it was a good association between the witch and her monkeys.

My sweet cat, Tipper, is not so sweet sometimes. He was cuddling in my arms the other night and head butting my chin, purring like a little motor boat. All of a sudden the little sucker took a swipe at me, catching me on the cheek with his claws. He was promptly tossed on the floor with much name calling and yelling from me. Of course, my cheek was bleeding for a while, and now has a nasty scratch. Tipper just gets these "don't bother me" moments without warning and does this. Usually his siblings are the target, not his humans. A little while after the "slap" he came back to me looking for lovings again. "Get away from me you ......" was my response, for about 15 minutes, then I forgave him. He is a lovebug after all.......

No comments: