Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to All

It's a quiet night here.  Pat is watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" while I knit on my Spruce scarf a bit.  It's not going to be finished by tomorrow for the contest the designer, Susan Pandorf, is having.  Everyone votes for their favorite of the finished scarves and the winner gets all of next year's patterns as a prize. 

My Van Dyke sock also had to be ripped back below the gusset because it was just too long in the foot.  If I put it on so the toe fit properly, the heel was too high.  If I put it on so the heel fit properly, there was a flappy bit on the toe.  I'll finish them next month.

The menu is planned for tomorrow.  It's a simple meal of broiled scallops, baked smashed potatoes with cheese and topped with a little bacon and sour cream, carrots, broccoli, and rolls.  The pumpkin ginger snap mousse is making a return as well at the request of Pat and his brother.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone.  :)

No comments: