Sunday, December 05, 2010

Project Stash Buster

The other day I was talking to my friend Monet on Plurk about sock clubs.  I  told her I plan to create my own "club" from my stash by bagging up a skein of yarn and a pattern for each month, label with the month, and knit them in order.  This got me to thinking of doing the same thing for a "fiber club". 

I posted about this in the Spinning in Rhode Island group on Ravelry.  So far, Monet, Sandi, and I are playing.   We start on January 1, 2011 in order to give everyone the rest of December to get the bags ready.  It was mentioned that it might be fun to add an incentive of a prize for the person who comes closest to spinning up all 12 months of bags. I'm hoping to get around 5 to 10 people to join us so we can turn it into a contest. If we make this a contest, a photo will have to be posted to show the 12 fiber bags and another to show the spun yarn at the end of the year.

I started the group for people who  spin, and are in RI, or nearby  CT or MA because there wasn't a spinning group on Ravelry for my state. If you are in the area, or want to hang out with us, come join the group and post to the "Project Stash Buster" thread.

We also have a friendly thread every month for a 4 ounce spin of your choice.  We encourage and share our progress in that one.  No prizes with that.

No comments: