Saturday, August 04, 2007

Knitting Socks, Meetings, Picking Blueberries.....

I cast on the Mieda Socks this past Wednesday in the Walnut colorway from LnV's store. At first I wasn't happy with the way the color was pooling. All the pink was on one side of the sock and the green on the other. After completing on repeat of the pattern, magically, the colors seemed to switch. Apparently, it's going to do this after each repeat. I'm on the fourth one and it's happened each time so far. It's very pretty now. This yarn is dyed in very soft colors and looks wonderful in this pattern. Very dainty.....kind of hard to be in my big feet - size 10s.

I'm also still working on the Retro Rib pattern I modified. That one's a bit boring to me right now, so I keep switching between the two socks.

Besides that, the MS3 is getting a little bit of attention. Clue 5 came out yesterday. I'm not going to say anything, so as not to spoil the mystery for others. The theme was also released. I'm still on Clue 2.........slow progress here........

Wednesday night was the meetup at Border's with Kimberly, Katy, and Susan. We had a lot of fun and plan to meet in two weeks again.

Today was blueberry picking at Rocky Point Blueberry Farm in Warwick. I got more than enough to last a while. It was so hot in the field I had to stop early because the heat was getting to me. Donna and I got there about 8:30 and the place was already busy. Many berries are still not ready, so there should be a few more weeks of picking this season. Maybe I will go back and get some more to freeze..........

Now, I'm just cooling down in the living room, and then need to make a potato salad and fruit salad for tomorrow's meal.......too hot to cook major items........

No comments: