Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yarn Shopping.......and Visiting Angel View Pet Cemetery

Whenever we go to Grafton, MA to the flea market we always pass a yarn store and I always tell my husband, one of these days I'm going to take a ride to check it out. Well, today he took me to it. It's called Knitting Pointers, but she doesn't have a web site. The owner Linda, is very pleasant and helpful.

I ended up with 2 skeins each of Claudia Handpainted yarn in "Passion Fruit" and "Just Plum". Now, I need to pick out the patterns for them. I also picked up Fiber Trends pattern for the Felt Clogs. I have been wanting to make these for a while. Now I have the pattern, I can check my stash for yarns and make myself a pair for winter. I plan to put the puffy paint on the bottom to prevent slipping. I have only hard wood and tile floors in my house. I am also thinking of making a pair for a friend. She is older and I don't know what to buy for her most of the time.

Also, Linda had a skein of "Dream In Color" yarn. This is a favorite of the Yarn Harlot. Let me say...........I want this yarn!!! This skein was her own personal one. She has a shipment due in soon. The colors are so vibrant and flow together so nicely..........And it's sock weight!!

Tomorrow........Sakonnet Purls trip.............

The Pet Cemetery visit was to gather info for the interment of our Babs. She's really slowing down now. When she gets up for laying on the floor or her blanket, she is limping. We think her hip is bothering her. She still gets around and perks up for food. Her vision is worse, too. I can tell because she doesn't come as close to get the food as she used to. Her perception seems to be off and she thinks she is closer than she actually is. I hope we have a bit more time, but, I fear the end is very near. My husband is going to have a hard time when it comes.............

No comments: