Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye 2008......Hello 2009

It's after 2 a.m, and, the ball has dropped in Time Square. It's a new year. Happy New Year everyone.

I'm not really making resolutions for 2009. Just going to try the usual of losing weight, and, try to get healthier. The only other thing is to work down my yarn/fiber stash and not buy as much. I'll still shop, just try to keep it under control better.

As I look back over 2008, I can see many things that didn't exactly happen as I expected. I knew I would retire in December of 2007, but it didn't really sink in until one morning after my wrist was considered healed and I didn't have to get up to go to work in a snow storm. I've adjusted quite well to being home and keep myself very occupied.

Another thing I didn't expect was to be as involved with my spinners guild. I never thought I would be the treasurer, but, I enjoy doing it. I have several good friends thanks to my two guilds. I've also gotten over being a bit shy with people I don't know thanks to all the demonstrating we did this past year. I thought I would learn to spin. Now, I can take a fleece freshly sheared off the sheep, skirt, wash, and process it, then dye it, and then spin it up. Never thought that was in the works for me. lol

One very important thing is I re-connected with my cousin Christina. We "talk" occasionally thanks to the Internet and can have glimpses into each other's lives. The one sad thing was the passing of my dog, Babs. She was very tired and old at the end. It was tough for her and she's at peace now. I still love and miss her though.

Well, 2009 has several things in store for me as well. Here's to a fantastic beginning and wonderful experiences.

Tuesday night was spent at Panera for Craft Night. There was Donna D. , Marva, Lisa P. (of Cranston), Cindy D., Judy, Carol, and myself. The knitting needles were flying. Cowls, sweaters, scarves, and shawls seemed to be the items of choice. No socks appeared on the needles which was a first for our group. lol Several members were away or unable to make it. It was a great nice with much talk, laughter and fun. Here's hoping everyone can meet up next week, "old" and "newer" Craft Night friends alike.

O.K. This old lady is tired, and heading to bed. Good night all. Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Donna said...

There was socks - I just never took the out to work on! I got involved with the shawl.

I am so glad we got to be friends this year - I so enjoy our time together. I look forward to spending more time with you this year and the rest of the girls. I would never have known you were shy - you always seem so outgoing with everybody!

My best wishes to you and Pat for a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Debbie!
I can't imagine you being shy!!

I am very happy to have gotten to be your friend in 2008, and look forward to lots more fun times in 2009!