Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Catching Up.....Ravelympics Plans

After all the running around last week, this has been a quiet week. I did take a mini road trip up to Fibers4Ewe and picked up my batts. One kind is Border Leicester and the other one is Border Leicester and the Kid Mohair from Rhinebeck. They came out absolutely gorgeous! If you have any fiber you would like processed, don't hesitate to bring it to Liz. She has the equipment that can handle just about any fleece. I've had everything from a Merino lamb fleece to adult CVM processed with no problems. The plan is to start dyeing up the batts this week. With the snow storm predicted for tomorrow, that might be a good time to do so. I never did make it down to my room this weekend as I had planned.

The "Daffodails" fiber is almost finished. I have 3/4 of a bobbin of singles sitting here waiting to be plied. I know I have another piece of this fiber, which was a sample, in a bag with another blend from Silver Sun Alpacas. I want to add it to the bobbin before plying the last part.

On the Minstrel, I have the Masham. I haven't touched it since last Wednesday night.

The sweater is slowly moving to completion. I am almost at the end of the yoke. That hasn't really been worked on much this past weekend either.

Ravelympics starts in a few days on February 12th. If you don't know what this is, it's run in conjunction with the Olympics. About 8 years ago, The Yarn Harlot started Knit Olympics, which I participated in. My project was the Lady Eleanor Stole which I finished with a day to spare.

For the Ravelympics, my fiber of choice for the spinning event is some BFL "Thin Ice" from Spunky Eclectic. "The Rocky Butte Sock", which was created by Miss Violet of LimeNViolet, is my knitting project for the Sock event. Since I tend to take about a month or longer to knit socks, these might get finished because they are sport weight. I just need to wait a couple more days for the yarn to arrive from The Loopy Ewe. I'm also going to be dyeing some of the batts for the dyeing event. The spinning and socks are also my projects for the Knit Olympics this year.

The Evenstar Mystery Shawl KAL also starts on February 12th. I've yet to wind my skein of yarn for this. It's 2500 yards of laceweight. My plastic ball winder is too small, so a friend of mine is going to help me out by winding it on her big wooden ball winder. I might even have time to start Clue 1 during the Olympics. ha-ha. This coming Saturday and Sunday I will be busy with both my spinning groups, so I hope to get a good chunk of the "Thin Ice" spun up.

It's going to be a busy 16 days of fiber projects. I hope my husband doesn't mind the house and cooking getting a bit ignored during it all..........

No comments: