Friday, February 12, 2010

Ggrrrrrrr Or Frogging Half A Sweater

The yoke of my Ditto is finished .... or so I thought. Sadly, the sleeves are a bit too tight underneath making the sweater not fit right. I thought about ways of steeking the arms, and adding a gusset, but that's not going to work. The body needs adapting at the arm hole too.

There's no way out of it. I have to rip out the entire yoke to repair this problem. The good part of this is, I can also add a couple of inches more to the sleeves since they were a trifle short at the wrist anyway. After ripping it back this project will be in time out during the Olympics for the next 2 weeks while I work on a pair of socks, some dyeing, and some spinning.

Off to the frog pond I go..........

1 comment:

Now and Then said...

So sorry there was no easier way out of this - good luck with the second try - it will be beautiful when it's finished.