Monday, February 15, 2010

A Fiber Filled Weekend

Friday evening kicked off my weekend with the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. I didn't watch them because I was busy almost up to the lighting of the flame. My Ravelympic/Knit Olympic spinning project commenced with the lighting. Here's the 12 ounces of fiber in the bag, and partially pre-drafted:

Saturday was the monthly meeting of the RI Spinners Guild. We had a good turnout this time with lots of topics discussed for 2010, as well as a demonstration of how to create a boucle` yarn on our wheels.

Sunday was spent with some other fiber loving friends at the second monthly gathering of the Happy Hands Fiber Arts Group in N. Stonington. Here are a few pictures of our "fiber home".

Here's a couple of shots inside the building. I love that the center is decorated for each holiday. It makes it feel very festive.

Here are a couple pictures of some of our wheels:





Today was suppose to be a dye day, but, I have yet to finish spinning the singles. So this means tomorrow will be a day of dyeing instead. With the snowstorm coming tonight, it will be a wonderful way to pass the time. I'll be starting my other Ravelympic project, "Rocky Butte" socks, while fibers soak in the prep solution.

No comments: