Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Brrrr. The Chill Of Fall Is In The Air

The last few nights has seen the use of a blanket on the bed. I can feel the temperature difference that marks the beginning of Fall. There is also the smell of fireplaces and wood stoves having been lit for the first time in the season. I do so love the smell of a toasty fire. That smell always reminds me of camping in the summer, too. Pumpkins, corn stalks, apples, and cider are also happy reminders of the season. Now I want to go to an orchard. The cooler days also reminds me that winter is not far away with the cold white snow and ice. I can live without that last part for a while longer. I'm not a lover of the winter weather.

It's time to pack away the shorts, sleevelss shirts, and lightweight clothes of summer. Now it's time to dig out the cool weather clothes including sweaters, jackets, mitts, fleece tops and pants, and wool socks. Usually, I wear the socks all year, but this year found me wearing cotton during the warmer and hotter seasons.

I better get back to knitting the latest 3 pairs as well as my poor languishing sweater so they are ready for frosty days ahead.

No comments: