Thursday, October 21, 2010

Socktoberfest Knitting Continues...More Spinning...New Medication

With only 10 days left in Socktoberfest, I think I will fail to complete all 3 pairs of socks. One pair might be done. There has been some non-knitting things happening that required my attention and definitely cut into my knit time. The frogging of my Through The Loops mystery sock put a damper on progress as well. I had over half the leg finished when it was frogged.

Esmeralda, the Sonata, has some pretty pin drafted fiber from Fibers4Ewe on it right now. I haven't touched it since Happy Hands last Saturday. Millicent, the Minstrel, has some Crown Mountain Fibers on it right now. For some reason, I had a little bit of this fiber separate from the rest of the 8 ounces so I started spinning it. Now, I can't find the rest of it in the stash. This company wraps their items in white paper. I forgot I had put it in plastic bags and spent some time looking for the original white paper wrapping. In a little while, I'll go look through the bins again for it. :)

On Tuesday, I went to my diabetes doctor. Let's just say I didn't get any real surprises from him in regards to how I am progressing. He has added another medication to my repertoire. Now, I have an injection in the morning as well as my other med in the evening. It is a relatively new medication with some side effects that can be very disruptive. You start with a small dose, and after a week increase to another level, followed a week later with the full dose. It's suppose to lower your blood sugar, and, decrease your appetite which will cause/help you to lose weight. If I can tolerate the adjustment periods, this med will be a huge help to me.

No comments: