Wednesday, February 02, 2011

February Knitting and Spinning Plans

The first clue of the February/March Mystery Sock pattern in the Solid Socks group on Ravelry was release yesterday.  The color theme for February is "Fire" as in the element.  I have a couple yarn choices to pick from so will try them both out tonight to see how it looks.  I'm also getting ready to start the Project Stash Buster sock bag for this month. I think I can manage to get that pair done as well since I have 2 months to finish the mystery sock. Of course, slow progress is being made on my Evenstar Shawl.  I'm still hoping to get at least part of clue 6 done before this Friday.  Seeing how this is Wednesday, I might get to one row if I work really hard to finish clue 5.

The February's Project Stash Buster fiber, "Pie For Everyone" from Spunky Eclectic, was opened and started last night on Millie Minstrel.  I was spinning while watching t.v., and not really paying attention to how fast the fiber was going down. About 2/3 of it was spun already. I just got into it and kept going.  I'll finish the singles tonight and then knit for a bit.  There is a cowl I am thinking of making with it, so the plan is to Navajo ply it to get a bit thicker yarn and maintain the colors which are separating nicely.

 








Over on Esme Sonata, I have a bobbin of the before mentioned "Moonlight".


No comments: