Monday, January 31, 2011

A Relaxing Spin In

Saturday found me heading to RI Handspun for the monthly spin in.  There was snow in the forecast, but it was suppose to be only a dusting or so.  Luckily, it held off and I never did see a snowflake falling.  It was a very enjoyable day with spent with some great spinning friends.  I hadn't seen Belinda since the Autumn, so that was especially nice.  We were laughing and talking while knitting and spinning and the day just flew by.  Before you knew it, it was time to pack up and head for home.

I brought the second batt of Copperpot Woolies "Victorian Holiday" to spin as well as a bag with 2 braids of blue/gray Rambouillet fiber in "Moonlight" from Enablerie, formerly known as Flawful Fibers.  This fiber has been in the stash for at least a couple years now. I've been spinning so many combos with pinks and reds, in them I chose to start the blue/gray although I should have held out until March to use it as a Project Stash Buster.  Oh well.  The second braid still might become a monthly bag anyway. It's spinning so fine I might be sick of it at and need a break from it the end of the first four ounces.  lol

The photos are  the Copperpot Woolies fiber I had brought with me and the bobbin of singles from when I was spinning the first four ounces.

No comments: