Friday, February 17, 2012

No Pictures for Me a/k/a Bye Bye Camera

I was taking pictures of some of my spinning, fiber, and yarn to add to my Ravelry queue when the camera made a weird click-click-click noise.  The screen told me to turn the power off and then on again.  The same noise happened.  I managed to download the pictures I had taken from the memory card to my computer.  The problem appears to be that the shutter is partially closed so the camera won't take any pictures.

I guess I'll be investigating new cameras this weekend.  When I think about it, my old one lasted for almost 10 years, so we definitely got our money's worth out of it.

There's been quite a bit of spinning happening.  As of Tuesday, I have 7.5 of the 10 ounces of Shetland spun, with 2.5 ounces left to go.  I decided to take a break and spin something else.  I chose some of my CJ Kopec stash.  The fiber is 4 ounces of teal and purple, called "Celestial Secrets".  I decided to spin this a bit thicker, with the resulting 2 ply giving me 214 yards. 

Wednesday evening found me at a friend's spin in.  The plying was done there.  Since there was still time before we went home, I started some Merino/Bamboo from Whorling Tides.  This wants to be super fine. I love how the purple/blue blend looks.

My sweater has come back into the knitting rotation for a bit.  I did three rows last night on the neck and think it might be time to do the trim.  It needs to be transferred to a longer needle so I can try it on.  Cross your fingers I can finish it this coming week.  There's also some shawls, mittens, and socks I plan to knit on as well.  

No comments: