Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year!...Fibery Adventures

The extra day in this February made it possible for us to be able to say we finally had some snow for this month.  It started around 1p.m. and has been falling in a light, steady way most of the afternoon and evening.  Going out was not a necessity for me today, so I just stayed in, cooked, baked, and enjoyed the views out my kitchen and living room windows. 

Pat decided, after reading several reviews online, to return the new camera.  There are issues with the built in battery charger only working for a few charges and then it's useless.  We are researching some more brands and types on line before committing to one.  The old one sort of works, but, only one of the five pictures I took today came out clear.  The rest were fuzzy.  Ick.  As an example, here's a pic of the ten Snuggles I crocheted in February for the Snuggles Project.

The first 5 ounce, jumbo skein of Shetland was plyed.  I still need to spin that last 2.5 ounces so I can ply the second 5 ounces. 

Last Saturday was the monthly spin in at RI Handspun. Since she resumed the monthly get together, the group has been much smaller.  I do miss some of the ladies who haven't been coming.  I was spinning on the Whorling Tides Merino/Bamboo blend.  I've got about another ounce to spin and then I can start plying the 4 ounces.  The purple and light blue look really pretty together.

On the way home, I stopped at The Bead Store on Rolfe St. in Cranston.  My Dragonfly Wings Shawl requires some beads and none of what I had was quite right for it.  It was a super fast shopping.  I got only what I needed and was out the door in less than 10 minutes.  There has not been any knitting on the shawl since though.  This is a pic of the yarn I'm using.  I spun it during the Tour de Fleece last July.  Part of it was spun at the North Stonington Fair demo I did with my Happy Hands group.


I started a sock from my latest sock book purchase, "Socktopus".  The sock is "Kandahar".  I'm knitting it from Araucania Itata Multi.  The colorway is very similiar to the yarn I'm using for my Dragonfly Wings Shawl. It's a very interesting pattern to knit and really holds my attention.  I am finishing up the gusset and starting the foot of sock one already.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I love that yarn. We love the same colors!!!

Good luck with the camera search. I have always had good luck with Sonys.