Friday, January 13, 2017

3 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

It's only the 13th of January and already the year has had highs and lows.  

My appointment with my diabetes doctor was mixed.  The A1C number is down almost 2 whole points, but my thyroid med had to be increased as well as my insulin.

My foot ulcer was declared healed on December 19th.  It then re-opened a tiny bit on December 31.  So I'm back to the medication, dressing, boot and cane.  I was so looking forward to using my regular spinning wheels as soon as the spot had "toughened up" a bit more.  

This set off an emotional eating episode.  It got ugly.  I had my appointment yesterday with my nutritionist and was up 3 pounds in a month.  Yeah, not good.  

I had a hard talk with myself a couple days before the appointment, and have re-set my program. As she told me, I've gone 3 steps forward and 1 step back.   The chair yoga and modified chair exercises are getting done, every bite is written in my journal, and I'm offloading weight on that foot again.  Sleep is still an issue but I'm working on changing my routine to improve that too. This is steps forward.  :)

The final step back was the passing of someone I met through my job and I've known for over 30 years. He was very sick with cancer and is now at peace.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

No comments: