Sunday, June 10, 2007

Slow Progression on the Flow Sock....

The sock has been reworked up to half way through the gussets. I'm not sure if it is a pattern snafu, or just my interpretation of it, but, I had a problem lining up the stitches for the instep. The pattern said to knit 14 stitches, turn, slip one as to purl, and purl 27 more stitches. This was suppose to start the heel flap. If I did this, it put me off by two stitches in the instep. Instead, I knit 12 stitches, and when I turned, I worked the slip stitch and 29 purls. This ended me right where I needed to be. The discovery of this problem happened after the heel flap and turn had both been worked and then ripped out. I plan to finish the gusset tonight, then hopefully most of the foot. If the problem hadn't been there, I think sock #1 would have been finished already. I'm not in a hurry to get these done, but, I do have many more patterns calling to me........

My friend, Donna, had to put her diabetic cat to sleep last week. My old roommate and I found him back in 1993. After fostering him, Donna gave him a home . This was an extremely spoiled cat who let you know he was the boss. He had his own personality and was a temperamental kitty, friendly or distant depending on his mood. Oscar was a Maine Coone mix and just a huge beautiful boy. He will be missed by many people.

My cats and dogs have been behaving very well lately. I hope it continues. The cat, Isabella, likes to play with the puppy, Pooh. If he gets too rough with her, she swats him.

No comments: