Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Retirement to Me!!!! .... Yarn Arrivals.....

O.K. The clock is on the final countdown to Midnight. I have about a half hour until it's official. I am retired after 28 years on the job!!. Yippee!! Don't get me wrong. I loved my job as far as the patients and most staff were concerned. You know the old adage "It only takes one to spoil it". Well, this was very true. I worked with several people who were very nice and great to be around. And then there were the ones who played favorites and kissed ass to get their way. Sorry I don't kiss ass for any one. My feelings are everyone should be treated with respect and courtesy in their workplace ~ not snapped and screamed at by the boss like I was the last few weeks of my job. I think that was partly due to other situations, such as lay offs, that have been going on. These people have my heartfelt sympathy. Part of it also could have been jealousy that I am in the position to leave now and not worry about my future and she's not. I hope some day she realizes the world doesn't center around her. I truly won't miss the stress from work, just some of the people.

My blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight are all down in the three weeks I've been home with the wrist. Also I only had a small headache tonight. That was because I hadn't eaten enough and it was getting late. No stress ..... that's why everything is better.

The doctor said still no knitting or spinning until at least the next visit on Jan. 3rd. Earlier tonight, I managed to tip my chair over with me in it. It was so stupid. I had taken my shoes and socks off. When I bent over to pick up the socks so Tiger wouldn't attack them (they're hand knit and he has a yarn fetish), the chair rolled out from under me. I landed belly down with the wrist against my chest so I don't think I did any more damage to it than it already had. Hope not.

Now for the good news............ Yarn arrivals today! There are three skeins from DkKnits and I love the colors. One, "Whoozle's Whiskers",looks like my cat, Megan, with the orange, white, black and brown. Another, "Kaleigh's Kalico Komet", looks like my other cat, Tiffany, who went to kitty heaven a few years ago. It's white, gray, and a soft, creamy orange-rust color of her fur. The third is "Mauvic Monday" in a nice Mauve shade..... She always has such nice colors and the yarn smells so yummy too. Hmmm ~ makes me want candy.

The other item was one of the packages from Miss Violet's de-stash sale. It has a skein of Fleece Artist yarn called "stone" and several batts of fiber in greens/blues and some in pink for my spinning pleasure.

Last night, I went to Lace Wings to give my friend her gift. She loved the custom dyed yarns from Skein Queen. I'm so glad. She gave me Brooks Farms yarn is a delicious colorway. I snuggled it for a while last night. And yes, Tiger tried to confiscate it. lol While at the shop, I also bought one skein of boot sock yarn just to calm the yarn/knitting craving a bit.......... Yeah. Right.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Sakonnet Purls in Tiverton. Even though I can't knit I can touch fiber and enjoy watching others knit. Several others are going to be there, so it will be fun.

O.K. Time for bed. Good night all.

No comments: